Re: MW_Theta_13 Electronics

From: Rick Van Berg <rick@hep.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 09:18:51 CDT

Hi Jim et al.,

I just got a chance to go over Jim's nice talk - but can't manage to connect
to the meeting. Anyway, the talk is clearly a good starting point and the
first six or seven slides seem to be a concise summary of the physics
and operational requirements and for any electronics system for such a
detector. Whether ATLAS is, however, a good model for this sort of
asynchronous experiment is not entirely obvious and a detailed comparison
with a data driven architecture will be interesting. One question I would
have at the moment, however, is what the ground rules were for the budget
estimate? Do the numbers on slide 17 reflect design costs or just
the after design material/assembly/test cost estimates?

cheers,

Rick Van Berg
Penn