Phototube coverage

From: William Seligman (seligman@nevis.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 15:42:48 CDT

Hi,

I'm using the RAT simulation to do some studies for Janet. I'm playing
around with phototube coverage, and varying the diameter of the detector.

I've found the file PMTLOCATION.ratdb, which contains the phototube
locations. I also see that I can scale the radial location of the
phototubes as I vary the size of the detector.

I assume those phototube locations came from a calculation somewhere. I
think I'll have to increase the number of phototubes as I increase (or
decrease) the size of the detector; I know I'll want to play with
changing the phototube coverage keeping the detector radius constant.

Is there a place where I can find that calculation?

--
Bill Seligman             | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ | mailto://seligman@nevis.columbia.edu