RAT commits and LED system

From: Stan Seibert (volsung@physics.utexas.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 16:29:24 CDT

Hi all,

In case any of you have been wondering why on earth I'm still
committing code to RAT:

Gabriel Orebi Gann (Oxford) and I still have a poster to do for
Neutrino 2006 which was approved back in March. Originally, the
working title was something like "Braidwood: 'A Pretty Good
Idea'" (following the mood of the NuSAG report), though these days
the title is more like "Braidwood: Optical Calibration of the
Detector You Should Have Built." (OK, maybe those titles don't work...)

Sour grapes aside, the general goal of the poster will be to show off
the PMT-side of the Braidwood detector, including the improvement
with concentrators, and also explore how much optics information we
could get from a small set of LEDs distributed around the detector
out near the steel tank. It sounds like there is interest from some
of the other experiments regarding these topics.

The ambitious goal is to see if we can extract the attenuation
lengths and the angular response all at once, but that will certainly
be scaled back as time and difficulty require.

Anyway, sorry for the continued spam...

---
Stan Seibert