RE: meeting today, 1 pm CST

From: Bolton, Tim (bolton@phys.ksu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 11:16:58 CST

Hi Matt,

I won't be able to make it today.

Tom has made some significant breakthroughs in patching "features" in Dave's reconstruction. He's now able to produce sigmaX=8 cm for 0.1 MeV positrons at x=y=z=0. This is about what I got early on in the most idealized model.

Another thing that we came across were some studies by Auger of PMT. The HPK tubes we are imagining have about 2X better "peak-to-valley" ratios than the nominal SNO tubes in RAT. This might have significant ramifications for reconstruction. The general point is that not all tubes are the same, and we might do some thinking about which tube properties need optimization for us.

Here is a very interesting link:

http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~arisaka/auger/pmt_school/lecture_notes.htm

Check out the slides in "SD PMT Specs and calibration"

TB

Tim Bolton
Professor
High Energy Physics Group