Re: new Gd capture code

From: Stan Seibert (volsung@physics.utexas.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 09:12:35 CDT

On Oct 26, 2005, at 1:07 AM, Matthew Worcester wrote:

> The other big piece is the n+Gd data tables, now kept in data/
> neutron. I used ENDFB-VI 300K for the cross-section data. When
> the rat.cc dependency is made the tables should copy automatically
> to your G4NDL directory, in which G4 will read them. Note that
> this does add files directly to your Geant4 release, which means
> you will need write privledges there. The files are copied by a
> simple shell script in data/neutron. Thus, if you only want to
> copy the files once by hand, you can easily remove the source of
> that script from your Makefile and source it yourself.

My vote would be to make this copy operation occur on a separate make
target. For example, only if you type:

make installdata

or something like that. That way you avoid surprising the user,
especially since I expect most will not have write access to the
GEANT4 data directory. I can modify the configure script and the
install instructions to remind the user to do this (or ask someone
with appropriate access to do it).

Does this sound reasonable?

---
Stan Seibert