List of possible commits to RAT

From: Stephen Jacob Sekula (sekula@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 11:48:21 CDT

Hi Folks,

After a very active week, I've completed the base migration of our veto system
code to RAT. Kudos to all those who've worked to develop GLG4sim and RAT -- they
really are nicely constructed packages and made the inclusion of the veto very easy.

Here is a list of changes I would like to commit. In the end, since the veto
system is controlled with a parameter disabled by default, I believe you won't
"notice" these changes. However, I have also altered the physWorld to make it a
cave with an air pocket, and not just an air pocket. Should I make that
controllable by a switch, too?

Here is the list. I'll comment below it:

RAT
   - added veto system to BW_ConstructDetector
   - changed physWorld to be a rock instead of air structure.
   - added air pocket (physCave) to physWorld (*)

GLG4Sim
   - created GLG4VetXYZ classes
     - GLG4VetVetoSystem
     - GLG4VetGenericChamber
     - GLG4VetGenericChamberHit
   - added new materials and elements to GLG4DetectorConstruction
     - Concrete of all kinds (CHESS, Kaplan, ...)
     - elements needed for concrete (Na, Ba, Ca, etc.)
   - Added ability to override GLG4params when reading from file
     (UICommand glg4param_read) (**)

data
   - added vetoconfig.dat to configure veto system

mac
   - added veto_config.mac to test veto system

(*) the physWorld was a bigair pocket. For the veto, we need the rock in order
to get neutron production by muon spallation. I made physWorld out of rock, then
added physCave, an air pocket, with ~1-2m clearance on all sides of the veto.
Shall I make this a permanent feature, or control it with a switch in the
GLG4params database?

(**) The GLG4params wouldn't override defauly values when loading from a text
file. I added this functionality, controlled by a switch in the .mac file.

I'd like to commit ASAP, so that I don't have to do a big update after others
make their commits. Shall I proceed?

Regards,
Steve

--