RE: Linux distribution poll

From: Horton-Smith, Glenn (gahs@phys.ksu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 06:18:11 CDT

Scientific Linux 3 should be very popular, particularly since it's a Fermilab&CERN distribution of RHEL3 + AFS + various goodies. (http://www.scientificlinux.org/) Often called "SL3" for short. We are migrating to it here.

I use Fedora Core 2 on neutrino.phys.ksu.edu, but intend to upgrade someday.
We use SL3 on the more recently configured machines, to the best of my knowledge.

       -Glenn.

P.S. SL4 has been out for a month, == RHEL4 + goodies including "cluster support", don't know much else about it.