Re: Braidwood Advantages Memo

From: Josh R Klein (jrk@mail.hep.utexas.edu)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 22:18:13 CDT

Mike,
  One quick comment: I think it is worth pointing out in here that even
though we do not believe we will need to make a cut around muon tracks, the
flat overburden will reduce any relative difference significantly even if
it turns out we do. There is no other experiment which has this `safety
margin', and I would think that ultimately it will seem wise to those
reviewing us to make as safe a bet as possible if there is only to be one
of these high sensitivity measurements ever made. This point is in the
note implicitly, but I think it is worth stating it explicitly. Maybe
something like "Relative differences in acceptances of spallation-related
cuts are minimized by the uniform overburden".

                                Josh