Re: FW: Hoover Dam underground lab

From: Steve Biller <Steven.Biller@physics.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 12:34:39 CDT

  The problem for the spallation study is that you need to be able to
move the detector around to explore how different variations of overburden
and cavity geometry etc. change various measured rates. Thus, ideally, you
really would want a mine tunnel instead of a single room. Of course,
this isn't to say that different studies might not be done in different
environments, so we should keep options open by continuing to explore
everything.

                                                 - Steve