Come join our working group!

From: Joseph Formaggio <josephf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 12:53:12 CST

("Why just theta13, when you can go beyond theta13! ")

Hi Everyone,

    Janet Conrad and I are putting together a working group on
interesting additional physics that can be uniquely probed by low energy
neutrinos produced in reactors. The working group, aptly called "beyond
theta13", is currently exploring a number of different topics. These
include, but are not limited to...

1. Measuring the weak mixing angle from neutrino-electron scattering
(Mike, Janet, and John have recently put out a paper on the LANL archive)
2. Measuring heavy neutrino decays from reactors.
3. Measuring the neutrino magnetic moment
4. Probing light sterile neutrinos, particularly in the framework of
3+1 and 3+2 models.

    More information regarding these topics can be found on our new web
site:

http://faculty.washington.edu/josephf/beyond_theta13.html

    We are currently in the process of evaluating how sensitive a
reactor experiment can be to these various processes, and we would
welcome participation. If you are interested in any of these topics (or
simply want to learn more) send us an email and let us know.

Take Care,
Joe and Janet