Re: Braidwood CVS update: RAT mac/detectorIBD.mac,v

From: Christopher Tunnell (tunnell@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 13:56:08 CST

After you caught the mistake I made in the paper, I realized it was a
compound error going all the way back to this macro. This does effect
the mix rate since I only had half the needed mineral oil events. A
potentially big problem will be that less events in the scintillator
means less average path-length, which means a flatter fit, on top of a
vertical translation in efficiency.

I was just about to e-mail Josh to ask him if I should pull my plots,
but I will leave that up to you. I am quite embarrassed that a silly
mistake lasted that long. If you want to present it still, I would say
that a mistake was caught in the study today that should make the fit
flatter, so we can treat this plot as a bound. If you want to pull the
plots, however, I completely understand.

I can also be on the phone to explain if you pass it off to me, but I
can't get you new plots due to computational limitations before the meeting.