RE: new Gd capture code

From: Matthew Worcester (mworcest@hep.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 11:30:44 CDT

Hi Tim,

I like this idea. The only problem would be excessive size, causing quota
and checkout time problems. The gzipped G4NDL3.7 library tarball is 27.3
MB. Unless I am confused, I do see a Gd peak, altough the peak appears to
be more around 9-10 MeV. I am running a no Gd-scint job to compare.
Plots later this afternoon.

Matt

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Bolton, Tim wrote:

> Another idea (maybe a bad one) would be put the entire G4NDL content
into rat cvs. There is an environmental to redefine this for running G4
that could be reset in a config file. This would the Gd-enhanced model
could always be made to work independent of getting write access to g4
directories.

> I would insist that the Gd enhancement is not optional-- once it works
it is the ONLY way we should be running the simulation.