Re: draft Braidwood reponse to P5

From: Hans Jostlein (jostlein@fnal.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 13:45:17 CST

Thanks, great paper.

I am a little nervous about two cost items:

a. the civil construction contingency for the underground part is probably
way too low
(see the NUMI re-baselining fiasco)

b. The veto cost may be low by a factor of two.
Double CHOOZ pays 2.2 M$ for their veto system which, is comparable to that
for one of our detectors

I don't know what the right answer is politically, of course.

Hans