RE: Braidwood Info and Phone Conf. March 7

From: Hahn, Richard (rhahn@bnl.gov)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 11:46:24 CST

Mike,
        I'll be busy for part of the morning of Tuesday, March 7, so I
prefer anytime during the afternoon.
        A couple of other relevant points:
(1) I assume that we will all be able to read the NuSAG report prior to
our March 7 conference call.
(2) If P5 is in the loop and won't be considering neutrinos until April
18, do we have a realistic chance of receiving any R&D funding during
this fiscal year? The brief submission that we sent to OHEP/DOE in
January focused mainly on FY-06.
(3) A friend alerted me to the agenda of next week's HEPAP meeting -
http://www.science.doe.gov/hep/agendamarch2006.shtm
They have scheduled a talk by the U.S. Double Chooz contingent, by Bob
Svoboda, from 6:00-6:10 PM. That seems awfully brief. Also, no other
theta-13 groups are scheduled to make presentations. What do your tea
leaves tell you about this situation?

Dick