Re: Bugel Note re PMT test attached

From: Josh R Klein (jrk@mail.hep.utexas.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 12:12:39 CDT

Braidwooders,
    Aksel Hallin sent me an old memo from SNO where they did a movement test of the
Hammamatsu R1408's. They sent a set of 9 PMT's underground all the way to the SNO
cavity, and then sent them back to Queen's for testing. The accelerations they
measured were 0.85g vertical and 0.5g horizontal on the round trip. When they
tested them again at Queens, they found no significant differences between the tube
behaviors in noise or spe response. I think the memo may be public, and if it is I
will forward it on.

                                Josh