Sensitivity vs Far Detector Systematics

From: Mike Shaevitz (shaevitz@nevis.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 12:32:23 CDT

Prompted by a question at NuSAG from Natalie Roe, I have
looked at our sensitivity vs. far detector location (See
attached plot - red line is at 0.005). To me, it looks like
for any dm2 value between 0.0013 and 0.0030 eV^2, our 1500 m
is a good choice. If dm2 is shown to be greater than
0.0022, one might want to go closer to get a better shape
measurement. It is fairly obvious

I was thinking of sending these plots to Natalie (and Peter
Meyers), so let me know if you have comments.

Mike