Re: pmt glass radiation--how big are the PMT's ?

From: Matthew Worcester (mworcest@hep.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 09:40:33 CDT

Hi Hans,

Jon and I had some confusion over this awhile ago, and I think the answer
is that miniboone uses homemade, flat bases to reduce the length of their
tubes. The 290mm on the Hamamatsu spec includes 70mm for the 20-pin base.
We can do the same trick at braidwood to get more buffer if we think it is
critical.

Cheers,
Matt