Re: coordinate system

From: <stefanski@fnal.gov>
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 11:02:58 CST

The Braidwood reactors are of the pressurized water type. The core of each reactor

is a verical cylinder the measures 3.65 m high, and 3.37 m in diameter. A usefule source of

information regarding reactors around the world is the International Nuclear Safety Center

webpage:

http://www.insc.anl.gov/pwrmaps/

The source isn't necessarily uniform over the volume of the cylinder. Operatations control the

power output by adjusting the control rods. The far detector may not see any of these effects

to a level of precision required by the experiment, but the near detector may. When we compare

the rate of the far detectors to the near detector, the geometry of the source will somehow need

to be taken into account. I don't know if this is a serious systematic.

Ray Stefanski
Fermilab, MS122
P.O. Box 500
Batavia, Il 60510